Doing business online without retaining an Internet business lawyer is the equivalent of playing Russian Roulette – things tend not to end well. The days of the Internet being the Wild West are gone. Unfortunately, the empire is now striking back! From the EU to California and now, potentially, New York, privacy law is evolving on a weekly basis and you must comply with all the changes as well as other Internet laws. You need an experienced Internet attorney to guide you through the minefield of newly enacted laws and regulations governments are launching to address real and imagined problem areas online.
With 19 years of experience as an Internet business lawyer and the carpal tunnel syndrome to prove it, I provide legal services and guidance to online businesses ranging in size from large international corporations to small blogs operated by enthusiasts posting for the pure joy of it. My goal is to form a long-term relationship with your company by helping minimize the legal risk you face when operating online so you can focus on growing your business. To facilitate this goal, I provide you with personalized service without charging you through the nose like larger firms.
My areas of Internet law expertise include:
- Where do you start?
- Business entity selection and formation
- Liability insurance analysis and purchase
- Website development contract negotiation and preparation
- Copyright and trademark registration and enforcement
- DMCA compliance
- Privacy law compliance – a hot topic these days with the California Consumer Privacy Act
- Website and app legal documentation – Terms, Privacy Policies, Disclaimers, etc.
- FTC regulatory compliance
- Joint venture and strategic alliance negotiation and contract preparation
- Website purchase due diligence and negotiation services.
How do clients feel about my services? Take a look.
The days of winging it online are over. The legal landscape has become exceedingly complex, and you need an Internet business lawyer to keep you out of trouble. Whether you are launching a new business or need assistance with an ongoing venture, contact me today for a free consultation.
To your success!
Richard A. Chapo, Esq
Law Office of Richard A. Chapo
5040 Seachase Way
San Diego, California 92130